Pakistani Kima - Ground Beef Curry
- 2 - 3Tbsp oil (I recommend coconut oil)
- 1 cup chopped onion (I use 1/4 cup minced)
- 1 clove garlic (minced)
- 1lb ground beef (any ground meat works well. See Special Diet Option section for vegan option)
- 1 1/2Tbsp curry powder
- 2 1/4tsp salt (or to taste)
- 1/8tsp pepper (omit for AIP)
- 1/8tsp cinnamon
- 1/8tsp ginger
- 1/8tsp turmeric
- 2 1/2 - 3 cups tomatoes (about 1 1/2 14 oz cans--see AIP alternative above)
- 3 potatoes or sweet potatoes
- 2 1/2 - 3 cups peas
- Melt oil or butter in a large pan.
- Add onion and garlic (if using minced, add a bit of water to reconstitute).
- Cook until onion softens and garlic begins to brown (watch it carefully – garlic burns easily!)
- Add meat and cook thoroughly.
- Add curry, salt and spices. Stir well.
- Dice potatoes.
- Add potatoes and tomatoes to the pan. Bring to a simmering boil. Reduce heat, cover, and cook for about 10-15 minutes or until potatoes are done.
- Add peas and cook until peas are done.
- Serve alone or over rice or cauliflower as desired.