Nourishing Almond Flour Banana Bread
- 3very ripe medium bananas, mashed (this should measure to be 1 ¼ cups mashed banana)
- 3tablespoons unsweetened almond milk
- 1teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 ½cups packed blanched fine almond flour (I use Bob's Red MIll)
- ½cup flaxseed meal
- 1teaspoon cinnamon
- 1teaspoon baking soda
- ½teaspoon salt
- ½cup dark chocolate chips (dairy free if desired), plus 2 tablespoons extra chocolate chips for sprinkling on top
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line an 8 ½ x 4 ½ inch loaf pan with parchment paper. Spray the pan with nonstick cooking spray to prevent sticking. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the mashed bananas, eggs, almond milk and vanilla extract until well combined. Add in the almond flour, flaxseed meal, cinnamon, baking soda and salt. Use a wooden spoon to combine. Fold in the chocolate chips.
- Pour batter into prepared loaf pan, smoothing the top with a spatula. Sprinkle 2 tablespoons chocolate chips on top. Bake for 50 minutes-1 hour or until tester comes out clean in the middle of the bread. Cool bread for 10 minutes in the pan, then remove and transfer to a wire rack to finish cooling completely. Once cool, cut into 12 slices. The bread is best the next day (as are all banana breads!) To serve: top with almond butter or butter and sprinkle with a little sea salt. Enjoy!