No-Bake Samoa Bars
- 1 cup Desiccated coconut
- 1 cup Almond flour
- 3 tablespoons Maple syrup- or agave syrup or coconut nectar or rice syrup
- 1/3 cup Coconut oil- melted
- 1/3 cup Maple syrup- or agave syrup or coconut nectar or rice syrup
- 3 tablespoons Coconut oil- melted
- 1 1/4 cup Desiccated coconut
- 1/2 cup Peanut butter- no added sugar, no added oil
- 3 oz Dark chocolate
- 1 teaspoon Coconut oil
- Cover a rectangle baking dish 9 inches x 5 inches, with parchment paper. Set aside.
- In a medium size bowl, add the shortbread crust ingredients in this order: dessicated coconut, almond flour, maple syrup and melted coconut oil.
- Stir with a spatula at first then squeeze with your hand to make sure all the ingredients come together and stick together. It can be slightly crumbly but that's ok. If it's very dry, add an extra tablespoon of coconut oil.
- Press the shortbread crumble tightly onto the prepapred baking dish.
- Freeze 10 minuteswhile you are making the caramel layer.
- In a small bowl, add fresh runny peanut butter, melted coconut oil, maple syrup and vanilla, Then, combine with a spatula until it forms a consistent, smooth caramel.
- Stir in the shredded coconut.
- Remove the baking dish from the freezer and spread the coconut caramel layer evenly on top.
- Press firmly the coconut layer with the back of a spoon or spatula.
- Return to the freezer for 10 minutes while you melt the chocolate.
- Melt the dark chocolate with coconut oil, under 'bain marie' or in the microwave, by 30 seconds burst, stirring between to prevent the chocolate from burning.
- Drizzle the melted chocolate all over the bar and return to the freezer 2 minutes to set the chocolate.
- Remove the baking tray from the freezer, pull out the bar from the tray using the piece of parchment paper to lift out the bar.
- Cut into 16 sqaures and enjoy!