Maple Bourbon Pork Tenderlion
- 2 1.5lb organic pastured pork tenderloins
- 1 cup bourbon
- 1/2 cup maple syrup (see recipe notes for low carb/keto*)
- 2 Tbsp avocado oil, divided
- 10 large cloves garlic, minced or pressed
- 2 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper (optional)
- Parsley for garnish (optional)
- Trim off any silvery skin from the pork tenderloins.
- Mix together bourbon, maple syrup, 1 Tbsp avocado oil, garlic, sea salt, pepper, and cayenne in a medium-sized glass or ceramic mixing bowl. Stir to dissolve the salt. Add in tenderloins and submerge in the liquid. If they aren’t submerged, you may want to try in a smaller bowl. Cover with an air-tight lid or Bee’s Wrap(a reusable alternative to plastic wrap! So cool!) and refrigerate overnight.
- When you’re ready to cook, preheat the oven to 400ºF (205ºC).
- Remove the tenderloins from the marinade (make sure to save the marinade!) and dry them off completely with a kitchen towel or paper towels. Set aside.
- Pour the marinade into a medium saucepan and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to a gentle boil/vigorous simmer (somewhere around medium heat) and allow to reduce until you have a glaze consistency. If you reduce it too much and it’s too thick, you can thin it out with a splash of room temperature water or chicken stock. While it’s reducing, start cooking the pork tenderloins.
- In a large oven-proof skillet, heat 1 Tbsp avocado oil over medium-high heat. When it’s nice and hot, add the tenderloins and brown all sides well. This should take about 5-7 minutes total. If it’s not browning quickly enough, just turn up the heat a bit.
- Transfer to the preheated oven and roast on the middle rack for about 20 minutes for 1.5lb tenderloins or until it reaches 145ºF (63ºC).
- Remove to a cutting board and allow to rest for 5 minutes. Slice into medallions and serve with maple bourbon glaze.