London Fog drink
- 1 to 2 Earl Grey tea bags
- 2 Medjool dates, pitted
- 1 teaspoon almond butter (or cashew butter)
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Prepare the Earl Grey tea by pouring 8 to 12 ounces of boiling water over the tea bags in a mug. I like to use 2 tea bags for an extra-strong tea flavor, but you can use just 1 bag if you prefer a more mild drink. Cover the mug with a tea saucer, to lock in the heat.
- After the tea has brewed for 3 to 5 minutes, remove the tea bags and pour the hot tea into a blender. Add in the dates, almond butter, and vanilla, and blend until very smooth and creamy.
- If you have a powerful blender, like the Vitamix, you can pour the mixture directly into your mug and drink it right away, as the dates should be totally pulverized. If you are using a regular blender, I recommend holding a fine mesh strainer over your mug as you pour the blended mixture into your cup, so the strainer will catch any stray pieces of dates. (You don't want chunks in your drink!)
- Serve the hot tea latte right away and enjoy.