Key Lime Pie Energy Bars
- 20 pitted deglet dates (or 10 medjool dates, pitted)
- 3/4 cup whole almonds
- 3/4 cup raw cashews
- 1/4 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- Zest of 2 limes
- Juice of 1 lime
- Pinch of sea salt
- Place all ingredients into the bowl of a food processor.
- Process until mixture is crumbly yet still holds together well when pinched between your fingers. If mixture is too dry, add another date and process again or add a splash of water. If mixture is too wet, add a few more nuts and process again until crumbly.
- Press mixture onto a parchment paper-lined baking sheet forming a square about 9 x 9 inches (or roll them between your hands to form them into 16 balls). Place bars in the fridge to chill if they seem sticky.
- Cut into 12 bars. Wrap in parchment paper and store in a covered container in the fridge for up to 1 week.