Healthy Vegan Peanut Butter Slice
- 1 1/4 cups Desiccated Coconut
- 1/3 cup Smooth Peanut Butter
- 1/3 cup Peanuts
- 1/4 cup Raw Cacao Powder
- 1/4 teaspoons Sea Salt
- 4 tablespoons Agave Nectar
- 1 tablespoon Water
For Peanut Butter Filling
- 3/4 cup Smooth Peanut Butter
- 1/4 cup Melted Coconut Oil
- 1/4 cup Agave Nectar
- 1/8th teaspoon Sea Salt
For Chocolate Topping:
- 3 ounces/90grams Vegan Dark Chocolate
- 1 tablespoon Peanut Butter
- 1/4 teaspoon Instant Espresso
- 1 tablespoon Agave Nectar
- 1/2 tablespoon Melted Coconut Oil
- Prepare a 6 or 7 inches tin with baking paper and set aside.
- To prepare the base, combine all ingredients in a food processor. Process until you get a mixture that is fine and sticky. If it is to dry, add a touch more Agave Nectar. If too wet, a touch more Desiccated Coconut.
- Press mixture firmly into the base of your tin and set aside.
- To prepare Peanut Butter Filling, combine all ingredients in a microwave-safe bowl.
- Microwave in 20-second intervals, stirring after each time. Continue this process until you get a smooth peanut butter mixture.
- Let cool in the refrigerator for 15 minutes or until slightly thickened and no longer hot.
- Pour mixture over the base and shake to even the mixture out. Chill for 1 hour.
- After 1 hour, prepare the Chocolate Topping.
- Combine all ingredients in a microwave-safe bowl and microwave in 20-second intervals, stirring after each time.
- Continue until you have a shiny and smooth chocolate mixture.
- Pour over your set peanut butter filling, and then shake the tin to distribute the topping evenly.
- Refrigerate for 4-6 hours, and then remove from the fridge and cut into squares.
- Slices will keep in the fridge in an airtight box for up to 1 week or up to 1 month in the freezer.