Healthy Mini Apple Pies
- 2 cups almond flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons melted coconut oil
- 2 medium apples, diced very small – I used Honeycrisp.
- 1 tbsp butter (or coconut oil)
- 2 tbsp coconut sugar(or brown)
- 1 tsp pumpkin pie spice(or a mixture of cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger, cloves)
- Preheat oven to 325F. Prepare mini muffin tinby greasing.
- In a large bowl, mix the almond flour, baking powder, cinnamon, and salt with a whisk.
- In a small bowl, combine egg, honey, and oil.
- Add wet ingredients to almond flour mixture and stir till combined. Let dough rest for 5 minutes.
- Press 1-2 Tbsp dough into mini muffin tinbeing sure you create a large dent in the middle.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes or until golden brown.
- Let cool completely before adding apple topping.
- While cooling, heat a small saucepan with 1 tbsp butter. Stir in apples, coconut sugar, and spice.
- Let cook for 4-5 minutes or until just softened. Remove from heat.
- Divide among crust cups.
- Top with whipped cream or enjoy as is!
- Store in refrigerator if not enjoying immediately.