Healthy Chicken Pot Pie Soup
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 lb. chicken breasts about 2 larger breasts
- 1 cup celery 1-inch pieces
- 1 cup carrot 1-inch pieces
- 1 cup onion finely chopped
- 1/2 tablespoon garlic finely minced
- 2 cups Yukon Gold Potatoes cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 cup Yukon Gold Potatoes cut into quarters so that you can remove them at the end
- 1 teaspoon Pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups chicken broth or bone broth
- 3 tablespoons parsley for garnish
- 1/2 cup coconut cream or milk/ other dairy free milk
Instant Pot Instructions
- Set Instant Pot to regular sauté function. Add olive oil to the pot. Lightly sear the chicken breasts on each side about 2 minutes. Remove the breasts to a plate and set aside. The chicken will not be cooked through, but this is ok.
- Add in the celery, carrot, onion, garlic, salt and pepper. Sauté for 2 minutes or until slightly translucent. Add in small cut potatoes + stir.
- Lay the chicken breasts on top of the vegetable/small potato mixture. Add large potato quarters on top of chicken. Pour in broth.
- Turn the Instant Pot to High Pressure (manual on older models), sealing and cook for 9 minutes. Allow it to natural release for 5 minutes. Manually release the rest of the pressure after 5 minutes.
- Remove the large potato pieces + chicken breasts.
- Place large potato quarters, coconut milk + 1/2 cup of broth *from the pot* (a few ladels full!) into a blender until smooth. Add back into the pot
- Place chicken breasts on a cutting board and shred. Put the chicken back into the pot.
- Stir together until combined and smooth. Garnish with parsley and serve.