Ground Turkey Taco Lettuce Wraps
- 3 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 cup onion finely chopped, divided
- ½ cup red bell pepper finely chopped
- 1 lb. ground turkey 93/7
- 3 Tbsp. taco seasoning mix
- ½ cup salsa mild or medium
- 8 Romaine lettuce leaves*
- 1 large avocado finely diced
- 1 cup tomatoes finely diced
- ¼ cup cilantro finely chopped
In a large skillet over medium heat combine 2 tablespoons olive oil, bell pepper, and ½ cup onion. Saute for 3-4 minutes, or until onions become translucent.
Push vegetables to the side of the pan and add last tablespoon of olive oil and ground turkey. Cook for 5-7 minutes, or until turkey is cooked through. Mix vegetables with ground turkey once fully cooked.
Add taco seasoning and salsa, stir well, and reduce heat to simmer. Cover and let turkey taco mixture simmer for 5-10 minutes.
When ready to serve, fill each lettuce cup up with equal amounts of ground turkey mixture and top with avocado, tomatoes, red onion, and cilantro. Serve immediately and enjoy!