Gluten Free Vegan Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 1 cup gluten free oat flour– if using homemade oat flour, make sure it’s very finely ground (not coarse)*
- 1 ½ teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ¾ teaspoon pumpkin pie spice*
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup 100% pure pumpkin puree
- 3 tablespoons coconut sugar
- 3 tablespoons pure maple syrup
- 3 tablespoon melted coconut oil
- 1 flax egg (1 tablespoon ground flaxseed + 3 tablespoons warm water, whisked together, set for 15 minutes)
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- ¾ cup vegan chocolate chips
- 2–3 tablespoons vegan chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or greased foil. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together all the dry ingredients: oat flour, baking powder, baking soda, spices and salt. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together all the wet ingredients: pumpkin, coconut sugar, maple syrup, coconut oil, flax egg and vanilla.
- Add the dry mixture to the wet mixture. Using a rubber spatula, stir and fold until well mixed, and no flour patches remain. Fold in chocolate chips.
- Using a medium cookie scoop, scoop and drop cookie dough balls onto the prepared baking sheet, evenly spaced apart. Cookies will spread just a bit; if you don’t flatten them, you’ll get very round, domed cookies. Optionally, dot with chocolate chips—this will help if you choose to flatten the cookies (the dough is sticky). If desired: using a fork, flatten the cookies to desired thickness.
- Bake for 12-16 minutes. Mine took 14 minutes. Allow cookies to cool on the sheet for about 12 minutes (on a cooling rack). Then, transfer cookies directly onto a cooling rack to cool completely before storing. Storing instructions below. Enjoy!