Gluten-Free Vegan No-Bake Cranberry Lemon Balls
For the balls
- 1 1/2 cups almond flour
- 1/4 cup organic lemon juice
- 1/4 cup organic coconut oil
- 1/4 cup organic maple syrup*
- 1/3 cup organic coconut flour
- 1 tablespoon organic lemon zest or 4 drops Lemon Essential Oil
- 1/2 teaspoon organic pure vanilla extract*
- 1-2 pinches Himalayan pink salt
For the add-in
- 1/4 cup organic dried cranberries (chopped)
*Medical Medium Substitutions:
- Substitute organic vanilla extract with alcohol-free vanilla extract
- Substitute organic maple syrup with organic date nectar
- Add all ingredients for the balls to a food processor and process until everything is well combined. The mixture should have a smooth and thick consistency, like raw cookie dough.
- Add the chopped dried cranberries to the mixture and stir in by hand until they are evenly distributed.
- Test the mixture by taking out a spoonful to see if it's firm enough to roll into a ball shape. Depending on the type of sweetener you use, you may need to let them firm a little in the refrigerator before rolling into a ball. If they aren't firm enough to roll into a ball shape, put the mixture in the refrigerator for about 10-15 minutes, then remove and proceed to Step 4.
- Take a spoonful at a time and roll them into the palms of your hand to form a ball shape. If they start to stick to the palms of your hands, just rub a tiny amount of coconut oil on your palms and continue.
- Place the balls on a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper and place in the refrigerator for about 15 minutes to firm.
- Store in an air-tight BPA-free container in the refrigerator until ready to serve because they will get soft and lose their shape if left out at room temperature.