Gluten Free Vegan Chickpea Pot Pie
- 2 batches of Simple Vegan Pie Crust
For the Sauce:
- 2 cups Unsweetened Non-dairy Milk
- 2 tbsp Dietary Yeast
- ¼ cup Chickpea Flour*
- 1 tsp Salt, plus extra to style
For the Filling:
- 1 ½ cup Cooked Chickpeas
- ½ Yellow Onion, diced
- 2 small ribs of Celery, chopped
- ½ cup Carrots, diced
- ⅔ cup Yellow Potatoes
- ⅔ cup Frozen Peas
- 1 tsp Contemporary Thyme, chopped
- ½ tsp Smoked Paprika
- ¼ tsp Black Pepper, plus extra to style
- Mix all components in a small pot and whisk to mix.
- Carry the combination to a boil over excessive warmth, then scale back the warmth to medium and simmer for five minutes, whisking sometimes.
- Set the sauce apart whilst you prep the filling; it should thicken barely.
- Cook the Filling: While you prep the filling, preheat the oven to 425F. add â splash or water or oil to â large Nonstick pot over medium heat. Sauté the Onion, Celery, and Carrot until translucent, then add the spices and cook for an additional 1-2 minutes. add the Potatoes to the pot along with ¼ cup of water, then cover and let steam for 5 minutes. Uncover, then stir in the Chickpeas, Peas, and thickened Sauce until well-combined.
- assemble the Pie: Pour the Chickpea & Veggie filling into â 9″ pie tin “lined” with â pre-baked Pie Crust, then cover with the additional unbaked pie crust. Use â fork or your fingers to “pinch” the top crust layer with the bottom layer, then cover the edges of the Pie Crust with tin foil (see notes). Bake at 425F for 15 minutes, then remove the foil and cook for an additional 10-12 minutes.
- Let the Pie sit for 5 minutes, then slice and serve as desired. Store leftovers in the fridge for up to 7 days.