Gluten-free & vegan blueberry cheesecake
- 100 g almonds
- 50 g pitted dates
- 1 tbsp water
- 200 g soaked cashews
- 1/2 Juice lemon
- 3 tbsp maple syrup
- 100 g coconut fat or roughly 3 very heaped tablespoons. Coconut fat is the thick part in the top half of the coconut milk can
- 75 g frozen blueberries
- I use this 6x3 inch cheesecake tin, you can try with others if you wish for a different shape
- Soak the cashews, I like to soak mine overnight, but 30 minutes in boiling water will be enough
- First make the base by adding the almonds and dates into the food processor and blend into crumbs, then add the water and blitz again to make it sticky
- Grease the cheesecake tin with coconut oil then place the nut mix into the bottom and press down until evenly spread
- Drain the soaked cashews and add to the food processor along with the lemon juice, maple syrup and coconut fat and blend until very smooth (this can take about 5 minutes, make sure to press the leftover bits on the side down to make the whole mix smooth) add a few tbsp of water if it's struggling!
- Pour half the mixture on top of the base
- Add a handful of frozen blueberries randomly inside (roughly 25g)
- Pour the rest of the mix on top
- Now defrost roughly 50g of frozen blueberries in a pan over medium heat, once defrosted mash with a fork and pour across the top of the cake (if there is a lot of juice then don’t pour all the juice over).
- Freeze for 3 hours
- Gently remove from the cheesecake tin and it's ready to serve!