Easy Vegan Pumpkin Pie
- 1 3/4 cups (1, 14 oz can) pumpkin (not pumpkin pie filling)
- 3/4 cup full-fat coconut milk (the kind in a can, shaken well before measuring)
- 1/4 cup honey/ agave or coconut sugar
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoons Pumpkin Pie Spice
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 9" vegan store-bought pie crust (gluten free)
- Vegan Coconut Whipped Cream (optional)
Preheat your oven to 350F (180C).
Add the pumpkin, coconut milk, sweetner, cornstarch, maple syrup, vanilla extract, pumpkin pie spice, cinnamon and salt to a blender or a large bowl. Mix well.
Pour the pumpkin mixture into the uncooked 9" pie crust . Use a spatula to spread the pumpkin evenly. Bake for 60 minutes. When you remove it from the oven, the edges might be slightly cracked and the middle will still look wobbly. Let cool, and then chill in the fridge for a minimum of 4 hours or overnight until set.