Easy Vegan Oil-Free Pesto
- 2cups basil leaves
- 2cups baby spinach (or other 'light' leafy green like arugula or baby kale)
- 1medium tomato quartered
- 4cloves garlic
- 1lemon juiced (about 2 tablespoons)
- 1cup organic raw pepita pumpkin seeds
- Sea salt and freshly ground back pepperto taste
- In a food processor (or blender on low speed), add the basil leaves, baby spinach (or other greens), tomato, garlic, and lemon juice. Process until just blended and reduced in volume.
- Add the pepitas and process until blended but still chunky, stopping to scrape down the sides as needed. (See notes.)
- Season with sea salt freshly ground black pepper to taste.