Easy Vegan Chocolate Peanut Butter Bars
Peanut Butter Layer
- 1 cup natural, unsalted creamy peanut butter (or homemade peanut butter)
- ¼ cup + 2 tablespoons pure maple syrup
- ½ cup coconut flour
- 1 cup vegan chocolate chips
- ½ cup unsalted, natural creamy peanut butter (or homemade peanut butter)
- Line an 8-inch square baking panwith parchment paper or wax paper. Clear some space in the freezer for this pan—you’ll need it later. Set aside.
- Make the Peanut Butter Layer:In a medium bowl, add Peanut Butter Layer ingredients: 1 cup peanut butter, ¼ cup + 2 tablespoons maple syrup, and ½ cup coconut flour. Using a rubber spatula, stir and fold until well-mixed and thickened, with no visible flour patches remaining.
- Transfer peanut butter mixture into the prepared baking pan. Using the rubber spatula, smooth into an even layer. Set aside.
- Make the Chocolate ToppingUse the double boiler method or the following. Add Chocolate Topping ingredients to a medium, microwave-safe bowl: 1 cup chocolate chips and ½ cup peanut butter. Heat in 20-second increments until chocolate is softened and melty. Stir in between heating increments, until smooth.
- Pour the chocolate mixture over the peanut butter filling. Using a clean rubber spatula, smooth into an even layer. Tap the pan a few times to help even out the chocolate.
- Transfer pan to freezer. Freeze for 45-60 minutes, or until firm. Remove from freezer and slice into 16 bars. Enjoy! Storing instructions below.Also try my 4 Ingredient No Bake Chocolate Peanut Butter Cup Oatmeal Barsand my Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Breakfast Bars.