Easy Paleo Fried Fish
- 1 lb white fish (sea bass or rockfish are great here!)
- 1/4 cup tapioca flour
- 1/4 cup packed almond flour
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp old bay seasoning
- 1 egg
- 2 Tbsp full fat coconut milk
- 1/3 cup avocado oil
- Rinse fish fillets in cold water and pat dry.
- Mix tapioca flour, almond flour, garlic powder, sea salt, and old bay together in a wide mouth bowl.
- Whisk egg and coconut milk together in another wide mouth bowl.
- Heat avocado oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Dredge fillets in the egg mixture and then in the flour mixture. Place the fillets on wax paper.
- When the oil is hot, add the fish fillets to the pan. You can test the oil by tossing a small bit of the extra breading in the pan. If it sizzles and starts to brown then the oil is hot enough.
- Fry the fillets for 2-3 minutes per side, depending on thickness. For 1/4″ fillets it will be around 2 minutes and for 1/2″ fillets around 3 minutes. Flip the fillets with a large, thin spatula.
- Remove the fillets to a cooling rack. I like to use a baking sheet covered with paper towels and place the cooling rack on top.
- Serve immediately.