Easy Low Carb Salted Caramel Pie
- 1 recipe Almond flour pie crust
- 3 recipes Sugar-free caramel sauce (triple the recipe, for 2 1/2 cup sauce total)
- Sea salt (to taste)
- 1 cup coconut cream
- 3 tbsp Powdered erythritol
- 1/2 tsp Vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup Pecans (optional; chopped, preferably toasted)
- Prepare the sugar-free caramel sauce. Add sea salt to taste at the end. (You need to triple the recipe - just enter 36 in the number of servings on the recipe card. It will take longer to thicken when tripling the recipe - you'll need to simmer the second step for at least 30 minutes. A large saucepan works best.)
- Meanwhile, prepare the almond flour. Let the crust cool on the counter while you finish making the caramel.
- Pour the caramel filling into the pie crust and smooth the top with a spatula. (Reserve 1/4 cup (32 g) caramel filling for topping later.)
- Cool on the counter for 15 minutes. Cover with plastic wrap, flush against the caramel surface. Refrigerate for at least 2 hours, or overnight, until firm. (You can refrigerate the reserved 1/4 cup (32 g) for topping in a separate container.)
- Using a hand mixer, beat the coconut cream, powdered erythritol, and vanilla extract until stiff peaks form.
- Remove the plastic wrap and spread the cream over the pie. Smooth the top with a spatula. If not serving right away, refrigerate again until ready to serve.
- Reheat the reserved 1/4 cup (32 g) caramel in a very small saucepan over very low heat, stirring frequently, until it's pourable again. Keep the heat very low to avoid separation or burning. (If it separates, you may be able to salvage it by whisking vigorously or using a hand mixer.) Drizzle over the pie. Top with chopped pecans, if using. Serve immediately.