Easy Leftover Turkey Soup Recipe
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 medium onion chopped
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 4 sticks celery chopped
- 3 large carrots peeled & sliced
- 5 pounds little potatoes cut into halves
- 4 cups vegetable or chicken broth
- 2 cups water
- 4 dashes Italian seasoning
- 2 + cups cooked turkey meat
- 1/2 cup Cashew cream
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Heat the olive oil in a large pot on medium-high heat. Add the onion and sauté until it's lightly browned (5-7 minutes).
- Add the garlic and cook until fragrant (about 30 seconds).
- Add the celery, carrots, little potatoes, veg broth, water, and Italian seasoning. Increase the heat to high and bring to a gentle boil. Reduce heat to medium-low and cover the pot with the lid slightly ajar. Let the soup simmer for 10 minutes.
- Add the turkey meat and allow the soup to simmer for another 10 minutes or so.
- Stir in the Cashew cream and season with salt & pepper to taste.