Easy Garlic Knots
- 1 3/4 cups self-rising flour use gluten-free, if needed
- 1 cup Greek Yogurt non-fat, full-fat or reduced-fat varieties work, as does Coconut Yogurt (vegan)
- 2 tbsp butter OR oil I used dairy-free butter
- 1 tbsp minced garlic
- 1/2 tbsp dried Italian herbs oregano, basil, and thyme
- Preheat the oven to 180C/350F. Line a large baking tray with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine your self-rising flour with yogurt and mix well, until combined. Then, use your hands to incorporate it together, and form a ball of dough.
- Lightly flour a kitchen surface. Add a tablespoon of flour on top of the ball of dough, and transfer to the floured surface. Press into flat, circular shape. Divide the dough into 8 or 16 pieces- 8 for large knots, 16 for smaller knots.
- Roll out each piece of dough into a sausage shape (length and width). Grab both ends of the dough and meet together, before folding one under the other to form a 'knot'. Repeat until all are knotted. Transfer them all to the lined tray.
- Melt your butter (or oil). Whisk through the minced garlic and Italian herbs. Use a pastry brush and brush the tops of each garlic knot.
- Bake the garlic knots for 20 minutes, or until just golden on top. Remove from the oven and cover them with a dish cloth or towel for around 5 minutes, to keep the insides of the knots fluffy. Remove and then re-brush with more garlic butter.