Easy Chimichurri Sauce
- 1 bunch flat leaf Italian parsley (or cilantro parsley mix) - leaves only
- 2 tbsp oregano leaves - preferably fresh but you can substitute with dry
- 1 lime - juiced ( or 2 tbsp red wine vinegar)
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic -grated
- 1/2 chili pepper - optional
- 1 pinch red pepper flakes
- 1 pinch sea salt - to your taste
- Add the parsley, oregano, olive oil, chili pepper and lime juice or vinegar to the bowl of a food processor or blender. Process until combined and smooth to your liking. (Alternatively use a sharp knife and chop the herbs on a cutting board)
- Transfer the sauce to a bowl or a jar and stir in the grated garlic and red pepper flakes. Season to your taste with the sea salt and more lime.
- Store in the refrigerator in a tightly closed jar / container for up to 10 ways or freeze for later use.