Easy Cheesy Vegan Spinach Pesto Grilled Cheese
- 1handful of fresh spinach chopped
- 1-2 TBSP vegan buttery spread of choice as needed
- salt and pepperto taste
- 2slices of your favorite gluten free bread
- 2TBSP of your favourite vegan pesto
- 2 Daiya Swiss Style Slices
- First, sauté your spinach on medium-high heat with a little buttery spread or oil. Season with salt and pepper to taste and set aside.
- Spread pesto on each slice of bread.
- Top one slice with Daiya Swiss Style Slices and sautéed spinach, then top with the other slice, pesto side down.
- For an extra golden crust, spread the outside of each slice of bread with vegan buttery spread or coconut oil.
- Next heat a pan to medium heat with some extra buttery spread or coconut oil. Once hot, add your sandwich.
- Use a spatula to press down on the grilled cheese, and feel free to pop a clear pot lid on top to help melt the slices. Before flipping, add a little more spread/oil if your pan is dry. Pop your lid back on if you're using one and grill each side until golden brown with a melty centre.