Easiest Vanilla Cake
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour gluten-free, if necessary
1 cup coconut sugar
1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp white vinegar
- 5 tbsp canola oil
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup water
- Preheat the oven to 180C/350F. Line a square pan with parchment paper, leaving an inch over each side overhanging, for easy removal.
- In a large mixing bowl, add your dry ingredients and mix well. Form three caves (depressions) in the dry mixture. In one, add the vinegar. In the second, add the vanilla extract, and in the final one, add the Oil. Pour the water over the top and using a whisk or wooden spoon, mix together, until fully combined.
- Transfer your vanilla cake batter in the lined pan. Bake for 25-30 minutes, or until a skewer comes out just clean. Remove from the oven and let cool in the pan for 10 minutes, before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely. If desired, frost the cooled cake.