Deluxe Dairy Free Hot Chocolate
- 500 ml / 2 cups oat milk
- 2 tablespoons cacao butter*
- 3 tablespoons raw cacao
- 1 tablespoon honey or maple syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla bean paste**
- Tiny pinch sea salt
- Heat the oat milk in a small saucepan over medium-high heat. Bring just to a boil, then remove from heat and add the cacao butter and cover until melted.
- Once the cacao butter is melted, add the cacao, honey/maple syrup, vanilla, and salt. Mix with a stick blender until very foamy and completely emulsified, about 30 seconds. Serve hot.
- If you don't have an immersion blender, either whisk until your arm falls off (or until fully blended, your choice) or use a heat-safe blender.
* In a pinch, you can substitute coconut butter for the cacao butter.
** If you don't have vanilla paste (though I highly recommend it here) use 1/4 teaspoon of vanilla powder. To use extract, use a full teaspoon and heat it along with the milk.