Curry Roasted Cauliflower Sweet Potato Salad
Vegan and gluten-free curry roasted cauliflower sweet potato salad with a creamy curry tahini dressing. This salad is everything you could ever want. Easy to make, packed with veggies and absolutely addicting!
- For the cauliflower and sweet potatoes:
- 1 head cauliflower, cut into medium-sized florets (about 3-4 cups florets)
- 1 large sweet potato, cut into ½ inch cubes (about 2-3 cups diced sweet potato)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- ½ teaspoon ground turmeric
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon red cayenne pepper
- Freshly ground salt and pepper
- For the add-ins:
- 2/3 cup thawed frozen peas (just let them sit in warm water for a bit)
- 1/4 cup diced green onion
- 1/3 cup dried cranberries (or dried cherries)
- 1/2 cup finely chopped cilantro
- optional: 1/4 cup finely chopped flat leaf parsley
- For the dressing:*
- 3 tablespoons tahini
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 2-3 tablespoons warm water, to thin the dressing
- ½ teaspoon curry powder
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ tablespoon freshly grated ginger
- ¼ teaspoon ground turmeric
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- To garnish:
- Extra cranberries & cilantro
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Place cauliflower florets and cubed sweet potatoes on a large baking sheet. Drizzle with olive oil, then sprinkle on curry powder, turmeric, garlic powder, red cayenne pepper and season with salt and pepper. Use clean hands to toss everything together until it’s well coated with oil and spices. Spread out evenly. Roast for 30 minutes, flipping halfway in between. We want the sweet potatoes to be somewhat fork tender but still have a slight bite.
- Once done cooking, add roasted sweet potato and cauliflower to a medium bowl. Add in the thawed peas, green onion, cranberries, cilantro, and parsley.
- Make the dressing: In a small bowl, add in tahini, lemon juice, warm water, curry powder, garlic powder, ginger, turmeric, salt, and pepper. Mix well to combine. Taste and adjust seasonings to your liking. Add more warm water if necessary to thin out the dressing so it is spoonable. Fold the dressing into the rest of the ingredients until they are well coated. Serves 2-4, depending on how hungry you are. Garnish with a few extra scallions, cranberries and cilantro.