Crispy Vegan Potato Tacos with Jalapeno Cilantro Sauce
These Crispy Vegan Potato Tacos with Jalapeño Cilantro Sauce are filled with beans, crispy potatoes, crunchy lettuce, and the best sauce.
Prep Time 15 minutes
Cook Time 30 minutes
Total Time 45 minutes
Servings 8 tacos
- 1 lb potatoes chopped
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 bell pepper chopped
- 2 tbsp taco seasoning
- 15 oz can black beans drained and rinsed
- 15 oz can refried beans
- 8 taco-sized corn tortillas
- 2 cups lettuce chopped
- 2 avocados diced
- Jalapeño Cilantro Sauce*
- cilantro, limes for serving
- Add the chopped potatoes to a large pot and cover with water. Bring the water to a boil and cook potatoes until fork tender (approximately 15-20 minutes). Drain the potatoes.
- Heat olive oil in a pan over medium-high heat. Add the bell pepper, potatoes, and taco seasoning to the pan and toss to combine. Press the potatoes down into the pan and turn heat to medium. ** Allow potatoes to cook for 5-7 minutes without touching them. Lift a corner of the potatoes with a spatula – if crispy, flip and cook for an additional 5 minutes.
- While the potatoes are cooking add the black beans and refried beans to a pan over medium heat. Stir to combine. Once heated through, turn heat to low.
- Prepare the Jalapeño Cilantro Sauce according to the instructions and set aside.
- Wrap the tortillas in a paper towel and heat them in the microwave for 30 seconds.
- To assemble, add a layer of beans to each tortilla followed by potatoes, lettuce, avocado, and Jalapeño Cilantro Sauce. Serve with cilantro and lime wedges.