Creamy Chicken and Mushroom Soup
- 1 tablespoon ghee or extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup diced yellow onion
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped (~1 tablespoon)
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon dried sage
- 1/4 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 5 cups broth(I used homemade bone broth)
- 1 cup yukon gold potatoes, cubed
- 1 head cauliflower, chopped into large chunks (x cups)
- 2 cups sliced cremini mushrooms
- 2 chicken breasts
- 1 tablespoon of sea salt
- Fresh parsley, finely chopped, for garnish
- Heat ghee in a large pot over medium heat. Add onion and saute for 5 minutes, until soft and translucent. Add garlic and cook for an additional 1 minute.
- Pour in broth, then add potatoes, cauliflower, thyme, sage, and rosemary. Increase heat to medium-high and bring the broth to a boil. Boil for 10-15 minutes or until the cauliflower and potatoes are fork-tender.
- Meanwhile, add chicken breasts to a small pot and sprinkle with salt. Cover completely with water. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat to a simmer and cover. Simmer for 12 minutes.
- Remove the chicken from the pot and shred using two forks. Set aside.
- Carefully add the entire contents of the potato, cauliflower, and broth pot to a high-powered blender. Add 1/2 cup mushrooms to the blender. Blend for 4-5 minutes, until mixture is completely smooth.
- Return the cauliflower mixture to the pot. Add mushrooms, chicken, salt, and pepper to the soup, stirring to combine. Cook over low, stirring frequently, until heated through. Serve sprinkled with fresh parsley.