2tbsp cooking fat of choice (I use coconut oil.)
1/4cup chicken stock
1/4cup lime juice
1 1/2cup canned coconut milk unsweetened and full fat (should not say lite or low fat)
1tbsp minced garlic
- 1/2 tsp salt
1/8cup fresh chopped cilantro
Additional salt & pepper to taste.
- Add your cooking fat of choice to a large skillet and heat on medium high heat.
- Unless your chicken breasts are already fairly thin slice them horizontally. This will give you very thin cutlets so they'll cook faster and more evenly.
- Add your chicken breasts to the hot pan. Liberally salt and pepper the side facing up. Saute until each side has some browning and chicken is cooked through or mostly cooked through, about 3 to 4 minutes per side.
- Remove chicken from the skillet and set aside on a plate. Lower heat to medium.
- Add chicken stock, lime juice, coconut milk (stir it in the can so that you don't have any separation), minced garlic, 1/2 tsp salt, and 1/2 tsp pepper to the skillet. You'll have a bit of coconut milk remaining in your can. Set it aside because we'll drizzle some of that on top after everything is finished. Stir your sauce, scraping up any browned bits remaining in the pan from when you cooked your chicken.
- Add the chicken breasts back to the skillet with the sauce. Cover. Let simmer on medium to medium low for 5 minutes.
- Right before serving use a spoon to scrape up some of the remaining coconut milk from the can and drizzle it over your chicken. Sprinkle fresh chopped cilantro. You're done!
- Serve with vegetables or potatoes to take full advantage of the yummy coconut lime sauce!