Coconut Calamari (Paleo)
- ½ lb squid, cleaned and cut into ¼ inch rounds
- ¼ tsp kashmiri chilli powder (skip for AIP version)
- ¼ tsp sea salt
For the crust
- 2 tbsp tapioca flour
- 3 tbsp water
- 4 tbsp shredded unsweetened coconut (I used 'Let's do Organic' brand)
- About 2 tbsp coconut oil
- In a small bowl, add the cleaned calamari and dab dry with paper towels. Add the chills powder(if adding) and salt and mix well. Keep aside.
- In a separate bowl, mix the tapioca flour with water to from a slurry. (This settles down very fast so again stir before using)
- Place the shredded coconut in a separate plate.
- Heat a small frying pan and add 1 tbsp coconut oil. Keep on medium heat and when hot, dip the squid pieces one by one in the tapioca slurry and then dip them in the coconut to coat completely and drop these one by one into the frying pan. Fry these in batches and serve hot!