Chili Lime Steak Bites
- 1pound top sirloin steak, cubed
- 1/2teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2teaspoon black pepper
- 2tablespoons chili paste (add more if you like it spicier)
- 1tablespoon honey
- 2tablespoons olive oil
- 2limes, zested and juiced
- Cut the steak into 1/2-inch cubes.
- Place the steak cubes in a mixing bowl; season with salt, pepper, and garlic powder and stir to coat the steak bites.
- Add chili paste and honey to the steak bites; stir until well coated.
- Heat a 10-inch cast iron skillet over medium-high heat.
- Hold your hand 6 inches above the skillet, and when you can feel the heat, add the olive oil and swirl it around.
- Add steak bites to the hot skillet in a single layer. If it doesn't sizzle, the skillet is not hot enough.
- Sear the steak bites for 1 minute - do not move them around.
- Using tongs, flip the steak bites over.
- Continue to sear for a minute longer, or until done.
- Transfer steak bites to a plate; set aside.
- Add the lime zest and lime juice to the hot skillet and stir to combine; pour the lime sauce over the steak bites.