Cheesy Ground Beef Quesadillas
- 1/2tbsp olive oil
- 1lb ground beef -I used ‘extra lean’
- 1tsp chili powder
- 1tsp chipotle chili powder
- 1/2tsp oregano
- 1/2tsp cumin
- 1/2tsp garlic powder
- 1/2tsp onion powder
- 1/2tsp salt
- 1/2tsp black pepper
- 1tbsp tomato paste
- 2tbsp unsalted beef stock
- 12oz Raw Cashew Almond Cheese -about 3 cups
- 6 gluten free tortillas -mine were about 7 – 8 inch diameter
- Baking spray-to grease pan
- Preheat oven to 200 F (to keep quesadillas warm while cooking batches).
- In a pan (I used non stick) on medium heat add olive oil.
- When shimmering, add ground beef, chili powder, cumin, oregano, cayenne, garlic powder, onion powder, salt and pepper. Heat until cooked through, breaking into crumbles with a wooden spoon, about 8-10 minutes. Stir in tomato paste and stock and cook 1 -2 minutes more.
- Remove beef from pan into a bowl. If there is any excess grease drain/remove.
- Distribute about 8 ounces (or 2 cups) of Raw Cashew Almond Cheese among all tortillas (on one side of them). NOTE: reserve the remaining 4 ounces (or cup of Raw Cashew Almond Cheese).
Also, if your tortillas are smaller or larger than the size I used, the quantity you yield will vary.
- Distribute ground beef on top of Raw Cashew Almond Cheese. Then, sprinkle remaining 1 cup (or 4 ounces) of Raw Cashew Almond Cheese on top of ground beef. Fold tortilla over so you have a half moon shape.
- Working in batches (about 2 quesadillas per batch), spray baking spray into pan and cook quesadillas (on medium low heat) for about 2 minutes per side until golden brown and Raw Cashew Almond Cheese is melted (carefully turning and watching to ensure they don't burn). While continuing batches, place cooked quesadillas on a baking sheet in preheated oven to keep warm.
Cut each half moon in half. Serve with salsa, guacamole and/or vegan sour cream. Enjoy!