Chai Spiced Coconut Milk
- 5oz coconut milk
- 1cup water
- 1-2inch piece fresh ginger, peeled and roughly chopped (depending how spicy you like it)
- 4Medjool dates, pitted
- 1star anise
- 1/2tsp cinnamon
- 1/2tsp vanilla extract
- 1-2pinches cardamom
- 1pinch cloves
- extra whole star anise for garnish
- Add all ingredients to a pot on medium heat. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat to low, cover and simmer for 5-10 minutes.
- Use a spoon to remove the whole star anise. Pour the remaining ingredients into a high-powered blender and blend for one minute, or until smooth.
- Serve in mugs and garnish with extra whole star anise.