1 medium head of cauliflower
2 tbsp flax seeds – (whole)
2 tbsp flax seeds – (ground)
2 tbsp chia seeds
2 cups millet flour – use cassava flour if you want them grain free
1/2 tsp salt
¼ cup boiling liquid (from steamer)
1 tsp dehydrated onions – (optional)
- Pre-heat the oven to 400°F/200°C.
- Wash the cauliflower, cut the florets and steam it by placing it in a steamer basket or an insert over boiling water. Steam (covered) until the cauliflower is tender – up to to 8 minutes.
- Add the cauliflower in a food processor (you should have aprox. 2 cups of mashed cauliflower) along with the flour, salt, chia and whole flax seeds.
- Add flax meal (ground flax seeds) – 2 tbsp to that 1/4 cup of cauliflower boiling water, let it rest for 2 min, it will form a gel. Add that to the mixture, it will help hold the dough better. Mix until all is incorporated.
- Between one sheet of parchment paper and a plastic wrap roll out the dough until thin (2mm/ 1/16 inch) and evenly.
- Carefully pull the parchment paper with the cauliflower crackers onto a baking sheet. Cut into squares.
- There should be enough mixture to do a second sheet.
- Reduce the heat to 360F and bake until beginning to brown on edges, about 15-20 minutes. Flip and cook the cauliflower crackers another 20-25 minutes until the underside begins to brown.