Skip to content
click here to open popup
- ¼ cup Nutritional Yeast
- 1 medium Yellow Onion, diced
- ½ bunch Cilantro, stems and leaves divided
- 1 Red Bell Pepper, diced
- 2 large Jalapeños, deseeded and finely diced
- ½ tsp Cumin
- 1 tsp Smoked Paprika
- 4 cups Navy Beans, cooked and rinsed
- 3 ½ cups Butternut Squash, diced into ¼” cubes
- 3 ½ cups Vegan “Chicken” Stock, divided (¼ cup)
- Salt and Black Pepper, to taste
- First, toast the Nutritional Yeast. Add the flakes to a large non-stick pot and cook over Medium Heat for 3-5 minutes, stirring frequently. The flakes will darken, become fragrant, and start to “smoke” when they are toasted.
- Next, add the diced Onion and chopped Cilantro stems to the pot along with 1/4 cup of the Vegan Chicken Stock. Reduce the heat to Medium-Low, and sauté the Onion and Cilantro until translucent, about 3-5 minutes.
- Then, add the Bell Pepper, Jalapeño, Cumin, and Smoked Paprika to the pot along with another small splash of Stock. Sauté for an additional 1-2 minutes.
- Finally, add the Beans, cubed Butternut Squash, and the remainder of the Vegan Stock to the Pot; bring everything to a boil over high heat, and then reduce the heat and simmer for 20-25 minutes, stirring every few minutes to help break down the Squash and make things nice and creamy. Add Salt and Black Pepper to taste, then divide into bowls, top with fresh Cilantro, and serve warm.
- Leftovers will keep in the fridge for up to one week, or can be frozen for up to two months.