- 3/4cup chickpea flour (garbanzo bean flour)
- 1teaspoon cumin
- 1/2teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1/2teaspoon salt
- 1/2cup water
- 1 bunch broccoli florets (1 1/2 cups after steaming and chopping)
- vegetable oil
Lemon Mayo (optional)
- 1/4cup vegan mayo
- 1tablespoon lemon juice
- Mix dry ingredients. Add water, whisk until mixed thoroughly.
- Steam broccoli. Chop until tender. Chop into tiny pieces. Fold into the chickpea flour mixture. Mix well.
- Add enough oil to a hot pan to coat it. (This is a shallow fry.) You can tell the pan is hot enough when you drizzle a few drops of water and the water sizzles. Add broccoli fritter batter, a tablespoonful at a time, and fry on both sides until browned.
- Serve with Lemon Mayo or another dip.