Best Gluten Free Fried Chicken
- 8-10 pieces Chicken of your choice
- 1 cup Vegan sour cream
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/4 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- dash of salt and pepper
- 1 cup tapioca starch
- Put all ingredients (except chicken) into a container and whisk until fluffy.
- In a large dish, pour marinade over butchered chicken.
- Move the chicken around to make sure it is all covered in marinade.
- Refrigerate for 12 hours.
- Drain marinaded chicken in a large strainer.
- Place chicken in the tapioca flour and move it around to cover the whole piece of chicken.
- Let rest 2-3 minutes on a baking pan.
- Gently heat oil in a Pre-Seasoned Cast Iron Skillet
- Fry chicken until it has an internal temperature of 160 degrees, about 18 minutes depending on the piece of chicken.
- Season with salt and pepper.