Basil Jalapeno Corn Fritters
Prep Time| 10 mins
Cook Time | 25 mins
Total Time | 35 mins
- 2 loaded cups frozen sweet corn thawed, or fresh corn off the cob
- 1 Jalapeno seeded and finely chopped, or use Serrano pepper (remove seeds for less heat)
- 1/4 cup chopped basil or use cilantro
- 1/4 cup finely chopped red onion
- 1 tsp lime juice
- 1/3 tsp salt , 1/3 to 1/2
- 1/2 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 cup white rice flour
- 3 tbsp or more cornmeal
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 cup or more water
In a bowl, add all the ingredients corn through baking powder including the baking powder. Toss well to distribute.
Add water and mix. Add enough water until the mixture is pasty but not a batter. There will be more corn than batter. (Add a tbsp of flaxseed meal to the mix if the fritters dont hold up too well on the skillet in the next step)
Heat a skillet over medium heat. Spray or spread oil on the skillet. Drop large spoonfuls of the mixture on the hot skillet and spread to make a roundish shape. Cook until golden brown on both sides. 4 to 5 minutes per side.
Repeat for all fritters. Serve with chutneys, ketchup, guacamole or vegan ranch.