Creamy Coconut Beef Meatball Curry
FOR THE MEATBALLS
- 500g of extra lean ground beef (beef mince)
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 clove of garlic, crushed
- 1/4 tsp of onion powder
- 200g zucchini, grated
- 1 egg
- Handful of coriander, finely chopped
FOR THE CURRY SAUCE:
- 200g of sweet potato mash
- 2 cups beef stock
- 2 tbs medium curry powder
- 5 tbs of tomato paste
- 1 cup frozen chopped green beans
- 1 cup (240ml) coconut milk
- 1 tsp of red chilli flakes (optional for additional heat)
- fresh coriander, chopped to garnish
- Add the ingredients for the meatballs to a large bowl and form into approx 20 meatballs and set aside.
- Add the sweet potato mash, curry powder, beef stock, red chilli flakes, and tomato paste to a deep frying pan over a medium heat and stir until it's all combine and becomes a smooth sauce.
- Drop the meatballs into the sauce (you don't need to brown them first), cover and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Stir in the coconut milk and green beans and continue to simmer without the lid for 5 minutes. If you prefer a more saucy curry, you can also add in a little more stock at this point.
- Serve, garnish with coriander (optional) and enjoy!!